PADDLE THIS SATURDAY, 03SEPT2022
There will be a Level 3 paddle launching from Kings Beach / Fishing Area (on Ocean Drive, Newport) on Saturday, 03SEPT2022. Launch time is 10:00AM, and I'd recommend allowing  more travel time than usual, due to traffic in Newport during the Labor Day Weekend. So far, the marine forecast looks good: West winds 5-10 kts, seas around 2', high tide at 1:48PM...however, check "Changes and Cancellations" on the Sea Kayaking Message Board for any updates, which will be posted (if warranted) by 10:00PM Friday. Hope to see you there!
                                                                    Tony
Rocks are our friends!  Rolleyes
(08-31-2022, 10:49 AM)Tony M. Wrote: There will be a Level 3 paddle launching from Kings Beach / Fishing Area (on Ocean Drive, Newport) on Saturday, 03SEPT2022. Launch time is 10:00AM, and I'd recommend allowing  more travel time than usual, due to traffic in Newport during the Labor Day Weekend. So far, the marine forecast looks good: West winds 5-10 kts, seas around 2', high tide at 1:48PM...however, check "Changes and Cancellations" on the Sea Kayaking Message Board for any updates, which will be posted (if warranted) by 10:00PM Friday. Hope to see you there!
                                                                    Tony

Thanks, Tony. I plan to be there, but will check "Changes and Cancellations."
John H.
I'm interested in joining, too. Tony, I emailed you to check re my level.
It's looking good for Saturday...the marine forecast is very mild: 5 kt. winds with seas 1 foot or less. This will probably be more of a touring paddle than a rock garden event.                                   Tony
Just a reminder. Don't confuse the King's Beach Fishing Area with the King's Park area on Wellington Ave. in Newport. The launch is from KING'S BEACH FISHING AREA on OCEAN AVE.   (For a GPS address, use:   400 Ocean Ave, Newport, R.I.)

Tony
Wish I could have joined you, but I already had a trip on the RICKA flatwater calendar. I did paddle my new Capella. Hopefully next time.