Paddle Saturday July 30 -Sakonnet
Level 3 Sakonnet  Meet up  at 9:30 Launch 10 A.M.
Rocks, surfing and some touring .... Helmets recommended 
Guest Paddler : Classic Tim
As a new RICKA member, I am interested in this "play" focused trip. What are the requirements for participating? If yes, where's the launch? Thanks!

sing
Yes it will be a "play " focused . There's no requirement except reading our Trip Levels section -Level 3.
If you feel that you are able to perform all the listed "requirements" come join us.
I will state the club policy here :  Any paddle sport is an assumed risk sport. Some aspects of canoeing and kayaking involve the risk  of serious injury or death. The Rhode Island Canoe and Kayak Association, although safety conscious, cannot guarantee your personal safety in club activities.

Jon

Launch info:  This from from Mike K.'s kayak launches on our homepage .

https://www.kayakaccessri.info/mapserver...net_pt.htm
Thanks for the info. I plan to be there. It's been been flat in MassBay for too long. Looking forward to some textured water.

sing
(07-27-2022, 07:16 PM)SingM Wrote: Thanks for the info.  I plan to be there.  It's been been flat in MassBay for too long.  Looking forward to some textured water.

sing
   Off subject, but are you the Sing who kayak-surfed years ago at the R.I.S.K. (R.I. Surf Kayakers) sessions, and posted on their message board? I did both.

Tony M.
Rocks are our friends!  Rolleyes
Hey Tony/Tsunami X15!  Yup the same, except 15 years plus older.  Smile    I have gotten back into surfing with a longboat in the last several years.  Hope to see you this Saturday?

sing
(07-28-2022, 06:31 AM)SingM Wrote: Hey Tony/Tsunami X15!  Yup the same, except 15 years plus older.  Smile    I have gotten back into surfing with a longboat in the last several years.  Hope to see you this Saturday?

sing

Hi Sing, great to hear from you after all these years! Unfortunately, I can't make it this Saturday as I must be at a granddaughter's birthday party. But I do go on many RICKA paddles...maybe we'll run into each other on one. When a RICKA paddle is announced on the Message Board under "PADDLES", I always chime in if I plan on going. Have a great time on Saturday, you should enjoy the trip...wonderful place and great people.
                                                                  Tony
Rocks are our friends!  Rolleyes
I feel you on the grandpa thingy...  I got two granddaughters of my own.  Smile    Look forward to catching up with you on another trip in the future.

sing