paddle out to Patience Island this Saturday?
#1
Is there any interest in a paddle from Oakland Beach out to and around Patience Island this Saturday (9/19/2026) ? If enough people respond here, I will post the particulars. This would be a Level 2+ (the '+' is due to the crossing from Warwick Neck Lighthouse to Patience Island, 0.7 miles).

                                                                             Tony
Rocks are our friends!  Rolleyes
Reply
#2
Let's do this!
Reply
#3
I have to double check with a bunch of other possible events this weekend but if I can make it, I'll show up.

Will this be out and back or out around the island and back? I don't know that area so if I don't know if the measurement I did on google maps is correct; out and back look like 5.5miles, while out around and back looked like 7.5 miles.

https://fishcurrents.com/ says the tide will be coming in about midday. If circumnavigating I would think it would be easier to go it counter clockwise so the slot between Patience and Prudence is with the current. But, I'm not a navigator nor do I play one on TV so what to I know. ;-)

-Ken
Reply
#4
(09-17-2026, 05:11 PM)learn2turn Wrote: I have to double check with a bunch of other possible events this weekend but if I can make it, I'll show up.

Will this be out and back or out around the island and back?  I don't know that area so if I don't know if the measurement I did on google maps is correct; out and back look like 5.5miles, while out around and back looked like 7.5 miles.

https://fishcurrents.com/ says the tide will be coming in about midday.  If circumnavigating I would think it would be easier to go it counter clockwise so the slot between Patience and Prudence is with the current.  But, I'm not a navigator nor do I play one on TV so what to I know. ;-)

-Ken
  Hi Ken,
      It is out to and around Patience Island. Hope you can make it!
                       Tony
Rocks are our friends!  Rolleyes
Reply
#5
Due to a change in the NOAA marine forecast, the Patience Island paddle will not take place tomorrow (9/19/2026). The latest marine forecast said:
                  
" SAT  NE winds around 10 kt with gusts up to 20 kt, becoming E in the afternoon. Waves 2 to 3 ft in the morning, then 1 foot or less. "

    This paddle is NOT cancelled, but POSTPONED to a later date.

                                        Tony
Rocks are our friends!  Rolleyes
Reply


Forum Jump: