Swallows Murmuration Paddle - Level 2 - Date October 1st.
Swallows Murmuration Paddle, Connecticut River.

Date: Sunday, October 1st.
New time: please arrive at 4:15 for a 4:45 launch.
Coordinator: Rich Coupland 

Location: Ferry Landing State Park, 398 Ferry Rd, Old Lyme, CT 06371

The put-in is at Ferry Landing State Park. Drive down to the water, and the put-in is a small sandy area with a couple of picnic tables, before the first parking area. There isn’t much traffic on this dead-end road, so you may want to offload your boat, then find parking.

Please arrive by 4:15 pm for a 4:45 launch. It's a short paddle, only 2.3 mile up to the viewing area. Plan to be off the water about 7:30 pm. Bring dinner - perhaps something you can eat on the water. Bring a warm layer for later in the evening. It will be chilly in the evening, and COLD after sunset.

All the best,
Rich
Hi Rich - I'd like to go on this paddle if it happens.
Best, Cat
(09-25-2023, 02:02 PM)Cat.Radcliffe Wrote: Hi Rich - I'd like to go on this paddle if it happens.
Best, Cat

Thanks Cat. Note that updated the start time for this paddle.

Anyone else out there interested?
My wife and I are interested, we'd use my tandem sit-on-top. Could I invite a non-RICKA friend (visiting from out of town) to join us as well?
(09-27-2023, 05:12 PM)jboyan Wrote: My wife and I are interested, we'd use my tandem sit-on-top. Could I invite a non-RICKA friend (visiting from out of town) to join us as well?

Justin,

That would be fine. We are expecting a big group, so please arrive a bit early.

Thanks,
Rich
I'm in. Andrew
I am planning to join the paddle -
(09-27-2023, 09:49 PM)Rich C. Wrote:
(09-27-2023, 05:12 PM)jboyan Wrote: My wife and I are interested, we'd use my tandem sit-on-top. Could I invite a non-RICKA friend (visiting from out of town) to join us as well?

Justin,

That would be fine. We are expecting a big group, so please arrive a bit early.

Thanks,
Rich

Coordinating proved too challenging... Sorry that my group won't be able to join after all.
Hi everyone,

The weather looks to be perfect for our Swallows Paddle. I hope to see you at the put-in tomorrow (Sunday) at 4:15 pm.

All the best,
Rich