Feb 4 navigation practice
We will have sea kayak navigation practice on Saturday Jan. 7 at the Kingston library (upstairs meeting room) 2605 Kingstown Road, Kingston Ri from 1-4pm. This is open to all. It will be hands-on practice for planning and navigating coastal journeys. Bring charts, a compass, and any other Nav tools you have.  Recommended reading is Ferraro, f. 2007. Sea Kayak Navigation (Pesda Press). Also bring a thermos of hot drink, since we will take a social break halfway through.

Please RsVP to Tim at gleasont63@gmail.com. We will likely do a second one in February.
Just a reminder about our navigation practice this weekend (Sat Jan 7 at 1pm), hope to see you there!
We plan to have our second Navigation practice on Saturday Feb 4, same information as below, please RSVP to Tim if you are interested in joining us, thanks
We have a scheduling issue with the library for Feb 4, so we won’t have navigation practice this weekend, we will post for another day later this winter.
Hi Folks,

We have run into some difficulties with reserving Library space on the weekends (On of the other town libraries had a flood and that resulted in our library being completely booked).  There are some available week night options.  Would folks be willing to commit to a couple hours on a week night for a 2nd session?

Best,

Bren and Tim
I can do any weeknight except Wednesdays.  Thank you for following up!
Hi Folks,

I regret that we have had such difficulty with meeting space for the navigation workshop.  We have reserved the Kingston library meeting room for Thursday evening 6:00-7:30 for our 2nd session.  I know that the date and time is not ideal, but as mentioned previously, the library spaces have been unavailable to us on the weekend.  While some had expressed a preference for Friday evening, the library closes early on Friday and is not available to us.  Please let us know if you plan to attend on 4/6.

Thank you,

Tim and Brenda
Hi Folks,

Not sure how many of you received the earlier message, but the Navigation make-up session is Thursday (4/6) in the evening from 6:00-7:30 at the Kingston Library.

Best,

Tim