Monday Sep 13 night paddle
This is the 4th annual reenactment of a S.E.A.L.-like night-time raid led by Lt. Col. William Barton in July 1777 that led to the capture of British general RIchard Prescott from a farm house in Portsmouth. The historical details: https://www.amrevmuseum.org/read-the-rev...-the-enemy

Launch from Oakland Beach boat ramp (Warwick, end of Bay Ave) at 7:30pm Monday Sep 13. Camp overnight in Portsmouth. Return to Oakland Beach by around 10:30am Tuesday. About 12 miles each way. Level 3. Night paddling experience and lights required. Contact brianwu401@gmail.com by 2pm if interested. Sorry so last minute!
Thanks for the historical link. This info was new to me and very interesting .
I only wish you posted this earlier for folks to prepare. It sounds like a fun trip.
- Jon
(09-13-2021, 06:32 PM)jsharlin Wrote: Thanks for the historical link. This info was new to me and very interesting .
I only wish you posted this earlier for folks to prepare. It sounds like a fun trip.
- Jon

Hi Jon. Sorry for the late notice and the late reply to your post. It was a fun trip. Agreed that more advance notice would be better. Will try to be better next year. Part of it is waiting for low wind to make the night paddle safer and more pleasant. We scouted a better camping spot for the next time. - Brian