RICKA Sea Kayaking Forum
Weaver Cove 8/22 10 am Level 2 - Printable Version

+- RICKA Sea Kayaking Forum (https://rickaseakayaking.org/forum2)
+-- Forum: Trip Planning (https://rickaseakayaking.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Paddles (https://rickaseakayaking.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Weaver Cove 8/22 10 am Level 2 (/showthread.php?tid=203)



Weaver Cove 8/22 10 am Level 2 - Cat.Radcliffe - 08-18-2021

This will be a short Level 2 trip (approx 6 miles) along the eastern or western shore of Prudence Island, depending on wind direction.  Right now the forecast is for SW winds, in which case we'll paddle north along the eastern shore at least as far as the Prudence Island Lighthouse, possibly up to Potter Cove depending on group concensus. 

The trip will launch from the boatramp at Weaver Cove and cross to Prudence past Dyer Island.  Location and directions are at https://www.kayakaccessri.info/mapserver/portsmouth_weaver.html

This trip depends of course on what Hurricane Henri decides to do.  Cancellation, if necessary, will be posted in Changes and Cancellations on the message board no later than Saturday 7 pm, but earlier if conditions really deteriorate.

Any questions call or email Cat at 508-369-3028  catherineradcliffe@earthlink.net.

See you there (hopefully!)


Weaver Cove Cancelled - Cat.Radcliffe - 08-20-2021

Cancelling Sunday Weaver Cover trip due to tropical storm/hurricane
forecast  Cry

Henri will probably result in conditions somewhat above the Level 2 remit.