RICK/A Sea Kayaking Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook. -William James

Author Topic: Parking at Sakonnet Point Beach (Boat Ramp)  (Read 77 times)

ars139

Parking at Sakonnet Point Beach (Boat Ramp)
« on: September 10, 2019, 08:41:45 PM »

Hello, anyone know of the parking situation. I believe the little parking lot there is reserved only for cars with trailers, but I have a trailer for my kayaks so according to the letter of the law I am OK. The biggest issue is that my truck plus the trailer might be a little bit longer than the parking lot. Would it be OK to park (And lock) the trailer next to my truck or would that break the "vehicles with trailer only" law?

JSharlin

Re: Parking at Sakonnet Point Beach (Boat Ramp)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 02:56:58 PM »

I would call the Little Compton police and ask them.
The area across the road from the boat ramp is reserved for trucks and trailers.
I personally don't think your situation presents a problem.
-Jon

ars139

Re: Parking at Sakonnet Point Beach (Boat Ramp)
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 06:58:21 PM »

I would call the Little Compton police and ask them.
The area across the road from the boat ramp is reserved for trucks and trailers.
I personally don't think your situation presents a problem.
-Jon
I called the Little Compton police dept and they basically said as long as you have a boat(ish) trailer you're fine but he even suggested parking across the street where you have a big "emergency lane" and advised it's clearly labeled where you can and cannot park. Looks like a good place to paddle though one always has to be careful about the weather especially in that point right next to the ocean.

Thank you for the very helpful (and obvious that I totally didn't think about, silly me, DUH!) suggestion.