RICK/A Sea Kayaking Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paddle is "ON" for this Saturday, 24NOV2018 !  (Read 120 times)

Tony M.

• n'yuk n'yuk n'yuk!!!
  • Global Moderator
    • YouTube site
Paddle is "ON" for this Saturday, 24NOV2018 !
« on: November 22, 2018, 09:43:07 AM »

Any interest in a paddle this Saturday? I'm open to any venue, but I was thinking of launching from Sandy Point Ave. in Portsmouth, about 5 miles north of Third Beach in Middletown. We could paddle into the forecasted southerly 5-10 kt.-gusts to 20 kt. winds, then have the wind at our backs for the return trip. The launch is a town beach, but there are no restrictions out-of-season, and plenty of free parking. Any interest in this, or any other paddle?
                                                                                      Tony
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 09:08:48 AM by Tony M. »
Rocks are our friends!

Cat

Re: Paddle for this Saturday, 24NOV2018 ?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 12:12:01 PM »

Hi Tony - Yes, I'd be up for it!

Tony M.

• n'yuk n'yuk n'yuk!!!
  • Global Moderator
    • YouTube site
Re: Paddle for this Saturday, 24NOV2018 ?
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 09:08:06 AM »

Saturday, Sandy Point Ave., Portsmouth, R.I., 11:00AM launch. (Tides and air temperatures will be more favorable with this later launch time. Also, the wind forecast today is better than yesterdays: from the south 5-10 kts) LEVEL 3, only because of the time of year and distance (I anticipate ~10 miles or less).
        DIRECTIONS: Sandy Point Ave extends eastward off of Rt. 138 (East Main Road). Go to the very end (eastward) of Sandy Point Ave. Plenty of parking available. If you are using GPS, enter 100 Sandy Point Ave, Portsmouth R.I. as an address. Then just go straight, to the end of the road.

Tony
p.s. Remember, cold water gear!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 09:51:10 AM by Tony M. »
Rocks are our friends!
Pages: [1]   Go Up