RICK/A Sea Kayaking Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

To look backward for a while is to refresh the eye, to restore it, and to render it the more fit for its prime function of looking forward. - Margaret Fairless Barber

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kings Beach, Newport Saturday, September 15 - check Friday for updates  (Read 294 times)

Tim G

Hi Folks,

I thought it might be fun to get out and play in the swell that Florence sends our way. The initial plan is to launch from Kings Beach at 10:00am.  Stay tuned as the venue could change if the swell size increases above current projections. This trip will likely be a level 4-5.  If you’re not certain if this trip is for you, please contact me by Friday. I will update the venue info on Friday. 

Best,

Tim

Rich Coupland

Re: Kings Beach, Newport Saturday, September 15 - check Friday for updates
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 08:38:32 PM »

Hi Tim. I definitely want to get on the water this weekend. Consider 3rd beach as a backup if K.B. is too big. Rich C.

Tim G

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 05:02:56 PM »

Hi Folks,

We’ll stick with the original plan to launch/on the water at 10:00 from Kings Beach in Newport tomorrow, Saturday, 9/15.

Best,

Tim

Wfournier

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 07:10:26 PM »

Hi Tim,
I'd like to go but if you think this is beyond my skill set I'll defer to your judgement.

Bill F

Tim G

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 06:41:38 AM »

Hi Bill,  I appreciate your enthusiasm and willingness to try stuff. However, we are looking at long period swell and an exposed rocky coastline. I don’t think that the conditions are a good match for your current skill level.  I’m happy to work with you in the future to develop your paddling skills.

Best,

Tim

Wfournier

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 08:29:18 AM »

Tim,
Thanks for heads up, have a great day on the water.
Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up