RICK/A Sea Kayaking Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. - The Dalai Lama

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9/12/18 Sea Kayaking Technique and Rescue  (Read 236 times)

Jimal

9/12/18 Sea Kayaking Technique and Rescue
« on: September 12, 2018, 01:09:00 PM »

Is today’s event still on?

Tim

Re: 9/12/18 Sea Kayaking Technique and Rescue
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 01:39:10 PM »

Yes!

purplesurfcat

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 01:53:13 PM »

Tim I am busting a move down from Providence and planning to appear — it will probably be pushing 5 by the time I get there.
John

FredF

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 03:15:54 PM »

I regret not paddling with everyone today; I had hope the weather would be better, but we've have heavy rain and thunderstorms for much of the afternoon in this part of the bay, and after I checked the weather radar, it appeared that the URI Bay Campus was in the for the same weather.

Meanwhile, many thanks to Tim Motte for organizing and running the practice sessions this year. It's something I look forward to each year. Thanks also to Tim Gleason, Brenda, and Gary for helping out with rescues and paddling skills practice. There was a good turnout at the five sessions I attended and I enjoyed meeting a few new people--Bill, Bruce and Denise, John, Emile and Sarah--as well as seeing a few familiar faces Kate and Ron, Cat, Jerry, Mike. Did I forget anyone?

I'm also thankful that at +70, I'm still able to enjoy sea kayaking and learning new skills to make my paddling more enjoyable. Thanks again to all!  :)
P&H Scorpio
Valley Aquanaut
It's never too late to learn something new.
Pages: [1]   Go Up