RICK/A Sea Kayaking Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Equal opportunity means everyone will have a fair chance at being incompetent. - Laurence J. Peter

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking to paddle level 2 on Friday Aug 31st or Sat. Sep.1st  (Read 185 times)

Emile

Looking to paddle level 2 on Friday Aug 31st or Sat. Sep.1st
« on: August 29, 2018, 08:56:34 AM »

Hi all,

My wife and I are looking to get a nice paddle in on either Friday or Saturday this week. We are however at a level 2 skill level currently. Anyone up for an easier paddle and have recommendations on a good route for that skill level?

Emile
P&H Scorpio MV Corelite X

Cat

Re: Looking to paddle level 2 on Friday Aug 31st or Sat. Sep.1st
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 11:48:30 PM »

Hi Emile - I'd be up for something.  We could get some rescue practice in if you like. Or just paddle. Where do you live? I'm in New Bedford, MA.
Anyone else interested?
Cat

Emile

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 03:52:17 AM »

Hi Cat,

That's great that you'd be interested. It would be a P&H crew then  :) .We are thinking Bristol Northern Town boat ramp launch to Poppasquash point and back with an early start at 9/930 on Friday if that works? Seems quite level 2ish before the wind picks up in the afternoon. You can also email me at emilkrasich at gmail dot com. My wife and I live in Cumberland, RI.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 04:22:44 AM by Emile »
P&H Scorpio MV Corelite X

Cat

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 09:30:47 AM »

Hi Emile - Bristol Friday 9:30 am would be great! 
     I would suggest that we launch from the public access beach on Poppasquash Road.  It's just across the road from the south parking lot at Colt State Park, and that way we could paddle along Poppasquash Neck instead of risking life & limb crossing the harbor (it's like the Jersey Turnpike in the summer). 
     The launch point is the left-hand red arrow on the map in this link:
http://www.kayakaccessri.info/mapserver/poppasquash_rd.htm
     The written directions are confusing; just follow Poppasquash Road past the mill pond till you see a parking area on the right and a solitary gray house on the left.  I park next to the beach to unload and then park in the lot.
     Call me if you have any questions 508-369-3028.

Pages: [1]   Go Up