RICK/A Sea Kayaking Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Equal opportunity means everyone will have a fair chance at being incompetent. - Laurence J. Peter

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saturday Paddle 11/4  (Read 150 times)

KurtH

Saturday Paddle 11/4
« on: November 01, 2017, 01:10:21 PM »

Hello,

I'm planning a paddle out of Mackerel Cove Jamestown this Saturday (Address: 50 Beavertail Rd Jamestown RI).  I think a launch time of 10:30 will be a good given what I have planned and the predicted weather.  High tide is 8:15 and low is 14:11.  My email address is vector762@outlook.com if anyone wants to contact me directly. I'm trying to get a couple of non RICKA members and a few CONNYAK members to join us.  I’m hoping this will be a good gathering at the end of the season. 

Predicted Course: https://www.flickr.com/photos/159334338@N08/

I want to head south to the mouth of Mackerel Cove.  Then head east toward Fort Wetherill up to the house on the rock assuming tide flow isn't high. Then move to Hull Cove and break if needed. Then move on to Beaver Tail and go around it if the conditions permit. Head north and land at the more northern beach cove on the west side of beaver tail for a break.  Tide will be nearly out at this point so these beaches should be fully exposed making for an easy landing. Continue north toward Dutch Island and move to the north side of mackerel cove to end the trek. Google Earth says it will be 11.16 miles.

This should be a level 3 trek unless abnormal conditions occur or more advanced rock gardening is desired.  The contingency plan is to head to Beaver Tail and back track to Mackerel Cove.

Congratulations Brenda.  That is an impressive accomplishment. 

Be well everyone,

Kurt
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 08:25:59 AM by KurtH »

Tim

Re: Saturday Paddle 11/4
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 04:16:11 PM »

I will be going along on this paddle.  Kurt will be leading.  All paddlers will leave the beach and return to the beach together, without exception.  Anyone wanting to join in should arrive at least half an hour before the specified launch time.

Best,

Tim 1
Pages: [1]   Go Up