RICK/A Sea Kayaking Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

Author Topic: Status report on Burma Road & Weaver Cove: Open!  (Read 233 times)

Cat

Status report on Burma Road & Weaver Cove: Open!
« on: June 04, 2017, 07:43:00 PM »

Burma Road is the Navy-owned road up the west side of Aquidneck Island and is the access to the boat ramp at Weaver Cove, which provides a good jumping-off launch point for the south end of Prudence Island.  Both Burma Road and Weaver Cove were closed at times over the past couple of years, but I went home that way today and they are open.

Pursuant to my other post about weekday trips, I'm going to schedule some weekday Level 2-3 trips from there.  Watch the Show & Go section of this message board.
Best to all,
Cat

ront02769

Re: Status report on Burma Road & Weaver Cove: Open!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 07:31:14 PM »

Any updates on sea power cove???  Most of the parking was closed off a few weeks back. 

Cat

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 07:54:11 PM »

Do you mean Seapowet?  I don't know.  On the paddle yesterday, we happened to talk about whether Burma Rd/Weaver Cove was open, so since it was on my way home I said I'd check and post what I found out.

If anyone has any info on Seapowet, feel free to jump in to this discussion!

Tim

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 07:18:12 AM »

There is a restoration effort underway at Seapowet that will limit access to the beach.  In fact, large boulders have already been placed to limit access to the end of the beach nearest the road.  I think boat drop off is possible in this location.  Parking for the area is now 200-feet back up the road in the old farm field.