RICK/A Sea Kayaking Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Civility is not something that automatically happens. Civil societies come about because people want them to. - Jimmy Bise Jr.,

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunday's King's Beach Paddle?  (Read 678 times)

Tony M.

  • n'yuk n'yuk n'yuk!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 555
    • YouTube site
Sunday's King's Beach Paddle?
« on: May 20, 2016, 10:45:47 AM »

   I may have to cancel the Sunday 22May paddle...it's listed as a Level 3-4, and so far, the predicted winds are up to 30Kts. (Level 4 maximum winds: 20Kts). I will post again by 6pm Saturday (at the latest) for the final decision.
                                              Tony

P.S. If the paddle is cancelled, I may reschedule for 03July, or 04Sept, all days that I am available and no one else is coordinating a competing paddle.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 09:34:00 PM by Tony M. »
Logged
Rocks are our friends!

Cat

  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 329
Wind Speeds
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 08:49:53 AM »

Hi Tony, this situation seems to be right on the borderline, as the current forecast is 13-15 knot sustained winds with 21-23 knot gusts, although the gusts look pretty sustained too!

Anyway, hope tomorrow's trip is a go - I'm sure many of us will be watching the forecast right there along with you!    :)
Cat
P.S. You could always raise it to a Level 5  ;D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 08:51:25 AM by Cat »
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up