RICK/A Sea Kayaking Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The world is my lobster. - Henry J. Tillman

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: launch sites  (Read 1792 times)

bob hogan

launch sites
« on: June 05, 2013, 09:11:16 AM »

This week's West Island paddle brings up an issue I have meant to deal with for some time: we are not always clear on where launch sites are. This is particularly a problem for people new to the scene. I propose we make a practice of posting in each calendar listing a Google maps link to the put-in location for that paddle. Then we don't have to be concerned about whether the site is on Mike K's list, or whether we are using the same nomenclature (try finding Monaghan's Dock).

So anyways, where is the put-in for Saturday's West Island paddle?

Carleen McOsker

Re: launch sites
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 09:09:08 PM »

Very good suggestion Bob. Perhaps our clever web master can make it happen.
   Carleen

Cat

Launch site for West Island trip 6/8
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 12:32:30 PM »

The launch site for the West Island trip on 6/8 is the east end of Edgewater Street, Sconticut Neck, Fairhaven.  This is the put-in I always use because it's free, probably because the causeway to the parking area is vulnerable to flooding at high water.  However, if you time it right it's fine.  High tide on 6/8 will be in the middle of the trip, if it goes.  At this point the forecast is not looking good, but I'll wait till 10 pm Friday evening before posting go/no go on the Changes & Cancellations board.  This is New England, after all, and much could change between now & then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up