RICK/A Sea Kayaking Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

To look backward for a while is to refresh the eye, to restore it, and to render it the more fit for its prime function of looking forward. - Margaret Fairless Barber

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Immersion Research Dry Suit  (Read 3910 times)

Board Master

• Administrator
Immersion Research Dry Suit
« on: October 19, 2012, 07:01:06 PM »

Anyone ever tried, or know someone who tried, the Immersion Research drysuits? How does it compare to the Kokotat?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 10:22:32 PM by Board Master »

bob hogan

Re: Immersion Research Dry Suite
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 08:05:29 PM »

Boardmaster already knows such a person. It is a large person, a person Boardmaster has paddled with many times.

Also, FYI, a dry suite is something you rent at the Marriott in Salt Lake City.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 08:12:38 PM by bob hogan »

Tim

Re: Immersion Research Dry Suit
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 07:59:28 AM »

Immersion Research Double D Drysuit

Don't do it!

I love Immersion Research paddling tops.  I have both short sleeve and long sleeve versions.  I find the cut roomy through the back and shoulders where I need it.  I also like the breathability of my long sleeve IR top in particular.  For these reasons, as well as the fact that my 17 year old Kokatat Goretex drysuit was truly worn out, I decided to give the Immersion Research Double D Drysuit a try.  I have used it for a year.  I call it a semi-wet, drysuit.  In Wales it leaked through both neck and wrist gaskets in heavy current.  I'm pretty sure it's leaking through the armpit/shoulder area.  The booties leak like sieves.  Finally, people, namely one Bob H., have a hard time closing the shoulder zip all the way.  Obviously, this zip is in a hard place for me to check.  I'm heading to Maine for more 5 Star training this upcoming weekend.  I'm already dreading the cold, soggy wet feeling that I know I'll be feeling all weekend.

As soon as my newly ordered Kokatat Meridian Drysuit arrives, I'll be packaging up my semi-wet, Double D Drysuit to return to Immersion Research with a note of absolute disappointment. 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 06:00:08 PM by Tim »

Tim

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 08:08:40 AM »

I received an instantaneous response from Immersion Research upon my Double D Drysuit's return.  They apologized for the suit.  Stated they are trying to improve the suit.  They understood my comments and appreciated them.  Then they offered a full refund of my purchase price. 

I have faith that Immersion Research will do what they say.  While I may not like their drysuit, I believe they are a quality minded paddle sports company and will continue to purchase their paddling tops, shorts and under layers.

Please note that I received no inducement or any requests to make any of these comments.

Tim

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 08:42:14 AM »

I received a full refund check in the mail from Immersion Research yesterday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up