RICK/A Sea Kayaking Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

God placed danger and the abyss in the sea, but He also made it Heaven's mirror. - Fernando Pessoa, Poet Laureate of Portugal

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heel Easy  (Read 1894 times)

FredF

Heel Easy
« on: September 30, 2012, 10:14:22 AM »

I just ordered a length of Keel Easy to install a keel strip on my composite boat. Has anyone used Heel Easy to protect the area beneath your feet inside your boat? If so, what's your opinion of the product?
P&H Scorpio
Valley Aquanaut
It's never too late to learn something new.

RickyB

Re: Heel Easy
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 10:06:16 PM »

Hi Fred,

I used and installed heel easy to patch up the wear and tear inside my cockpit.  It was easy to install and seemed to do the job, but one of the strips came unglued and probably blew out of the boat while it was on top of the car.  I was very careful to install it according to the instructions, so I don't know why it didn't stay adhered.  (The other strip is still in place.)  Anyway, it's not expensive, so I intend to order another strip and try again.

Good luck.

Rick Brooks

FredF

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 07:03:46 AM »

Thanks, Rick, I'll give it a try, too. BTW, I had good luck installing KeelEasy--it's holding up well--so far, so good.
P&H Scorpio
Valley Aquanaut
It's never too late to learn something new.

bob hogan

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 08:14:02 AM »

I would apply heat with a hair dryer once they are in place to get the adhesive more gooey. The inside of most boats is somewhat textured, so this will provide more contact. Cleaning the area with acetone will help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up