RICK/A Sea Kayaking Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

To look backward for a while is to refresh the eye, to restore it, and to render it the more fit for its prime function of looking forward. - Margaret Fairless Barber

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Attaching items using 3M Dual lock tape  (Read 3177 times)

mkrabach

Attaching items using 3M Dual lock tape
« on: November 01, 2010, 11:05:01 AM »

To answer the question this past weekend on a "Velco" like tape that I use on my video camera to attach it to the helmet, and also used to attach my pump inside my cockpit.   The tape is one style of several by 3M.  The E-Zpass receivers are attached to your front windshield with another style.  Note the large price break is you order 6 yds or more on this specific style.
<http://www.itapestore.com/3mduallock-sj35501x1yard.aspx>

Cat

Re: Attaching items using 3M Dual lock tape
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 05:49:51 PM »

Is there any interest (besides me) of going in together on a 6+ yard order?  Note that you have to buy both sides, so the price per yard is essentially doubled.  Still, $15 for a yard of this stuff is not bad at all. 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 05:53:50 PM by Cat »

GeoAFenleyIII

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 08:55:49 AM »

Hi Cat,

Tony M.

• n'yuk n'yuk n'yuk!!!
  • Global Moderator
    • YouTube site
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 04:46:29 PM »

Cat,
   You don't have to buy "both sides", as you would have to do with velcro (which has "loops" and hooks"), there is only one "side". If you have an E-Z Pass transponder, pull it off the mounting strip and inspect both sides...they are identical. Mike explained the structure as being like tiny mushroom-shaped projections that grip each other when pushed together.
                                               Tony

P.S.  I'll go in for 2 yards of the stuff, if you can find enough other people who want some. 2 yards is more than I think I can realistically use.
P.P.S.   Unless, by saying you have to buy both sides, you meant that to make, for example, a 2 inch long attachment, you need a total of 4 inches, 2 inches for each piece. If this is what you meant, then, in the immortal words of Emily Lattella, "Oh, that's different...never mind!"    :D
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 04:57:21 PM by Tony M. »
Rocks are our friends!

GeoAFenleyIII

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 07:41:08 PM »

Hi Cat,
     I'd be interested in getting some that tape that doesn't appear to be velcro. Thanks George

Carole

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 08:48:13 PM »

Hi Cat,

I'll buy a yard. Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up