RICK/A Sea Kayaking Forum

Trips => Changes & Cancellations => Topic started by: Rich Coupland on September 05, 2014, 05:45:56 AM

Title: Fort Wetherill Paddle 9/6
Post by: Rich Coupland on September 05, 2014, 05:45:56 AM
The forecast is for thunderstorms tomorrow, some severe, mainly after 2pm. I'll be watching the weather updates and radar. I would like to get at least a shortened paddle in if possible. Look for my decision here before 0800 Saturday morning.
Title: Re: Pier 5 Paddle 9/6
Post by: Tim3 on September 05, 2014, 09:40:39 AM
Hey Rich the calendar has 9/6 paddle as Fort Wetherill and 9/20 as Pier 5?

~Tim 3
Title: Re: Fort Wetherill Paddle 9/6
Post by: Rich Coupland on September 05, 2014, 05:29:33 PM
Thanks Tim, I corrected my post.
Title: Re: Fort Wetherill Paddle 9/6
Post by: Rick Tjader on September 05, 2014, 05:38:50 PM
Rich,
   Right now, the troublesome weather looks like it will be mainly in the afternoon.   But the forecast could certainly change.

 I'm happy to join a shortened paddle in the morning.  Your call.

 I'm suffering from sea kayaking withdrawal....I need to get out on the water!

Rick
Title: Re: Fort Wetherill Paddle 9/6
Post by: Cat on September 05, 2014, 05:50:08 PM
The forecast now is 30% chance of thunderstorms after 5 pm. 

Were you thinking of moving the launch time up? If so, would you pleast post that tonight?

I would also assume that if you move the launch time up, you will do the same for go/no go post.  I need to leave an hour & 45 minutes before launch time.
Title: Re: Fort Wetherill Paddle 9/6
Post by: Rich Coupland on September 05, 2014, 07:15:27 PM
I'd rather not change the start time at this point. 10:00 at FORT WETHERILL.
Title: Re: Fort Wetherill Paddle 9/6
Post by: Rich Coupland on September 06, 2014, 06:04:01 AM
Fort WETHERILL is a go for today. See you there at 0930 for a 1000 launch.